Getting on the Internet
This is a basic introduction for people who have never used the Internet. If you are past this level, please go directly to the Netscape or Internet Explorer page OR visit one of the links on the Links page.
1. (PC) Double click on Wild Apache phone or globe icon to connect to the Internet.
(MAC) Go to Apple menu, then to Remote Access Status, chose connect, OR go to Control Panel, remote access, chose connect button, OR double click on the telephone icon on the upper right hand of the desktop screen.
2. Double click on Netscape Communicator/Navigator icon or Internet Explorer to access Internet.
3. The Wild Apache home page will come up on the screen. From here search our site to gather information on the Verde Valley or Native American information. Or you can go......
SEARCH THE WEB
Use Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer
GET YOUR MAIL
Netscape Messenger double click on the Netscape Messenger icon on the desktop. If you do not have this icon on the desktop, double click on the Netscape Navigator/Communicator icon then click on the Mailbox icon on the lower right hand corner (2nd icon on the status bar) OR choose Communicator at the top of the screen and click Messenger Mailbox on the drop down menu.
Outlook Express Double click the Outlook Express icon on the desktop. From inside Internet Explorer, click the mail icon on the toolbar, choose Read Mail from the drop-down menu. Or go to your start button, then go to programs, then Outlook Express.
1. Exit out of all Internet applications that are being used. (i.e. Netscape Communicator/Messenger or Internet Explorer/Outlook Express) Do this by going to File and Exit.
2. Disconnect from the Internet service.
(PC) Double click on Wild Apache phone icon - then click on "Hang Up".
(MAC) Go to Apple menu, Remote Access Status, choose disconnect. OR go to Control Panel, remote access, choose disconnect button, OR double click on the telephone icon on the upper right hand of your desktop screen.